Admission examinations for the academic year 2021 / 2022: February 2021
Admission examinations for the academic year 2022 / 2023: February 2022
• Minimum age for candidates is 17 years of age.
• It is not necessary to have passed the Austrian higher secondary school leaving examination.
• Admission exam will be held in German. In exceptional cases, applicants can also take the exam in English.
Structure of the admission exam 2021:
Part 1 – Submission of portfolio:
• Submission of the application with work samples.
• Selection of candidates for Part 2.
Part 2 – Exam:
• Exam with theoretical and practical tasks.
• Interview with teaching staff of the class.
• Selections of candidates who qualify to study in Klasse für Ideen
Information to Part 1 – Submission of portfolio:
• Short letter of application
• Work and work samples: Free and / or customer-oriented projects in the field of design and communication and ideas in a freely chosen topic, carried out in various techniques:
e.g. typography and layout: logos, business cards, poster drafts, magazines, etc., freehand drawings of people, nature and objects, printmaking, photography, painting (work on canvas in the form of photos in the portfolio),
film, text or online work
• Credentials (copies only)
Procedure for submitting the portfolio
• Modality and submission deadline will be updated here before the next examination.
We cannot offer individual appointments at the moment.
For further information and a selection of exemplary tasks to get prepared for our examination, please download the following files. If you have any other queries concerning your application, portfolio or examination procedures, please refer to our list of FAQs.
last update: 06.05.2021